Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fairy: Book One

"Mom, when can I get a Betta?" I said

"Two weeks," said my mom
 Finally the day came, there I stood in Petsmart looking.  A little fish in a jar, no color, no home.  After looking her over I decided to keep her.  I was having the hardest time holding her in the car.  I named her Fairy,  my second fish.  I fed and took good care of her for many years. 

Bettas live about nine years.  When I got her she was tiny.  Now she is big and baby pink.  I love Fairy.  A Betta is easy to take care of.  All you have to do is feed them and add distilled water when low.  Very very simple.  They are easy to train too.  They sleep in beds.  One night Fairy got very sick.  Floating on the top of the water struggling to eat, I fed her peas and fiber food.  She was better.   I have never fed her TopFin food again.  I learned my lesson.  

2 comments:

Annie and Emersons Daddy said...

Annie, I remember being scared when Fairy was floating on top of the water. I'm so glad she is okay now!

Ryan and Jenny said...

Annie, I had no idea that TopFin food was not good for fish. You're so amazing and smart to figure out that Fairy just needed some better food to keep her healthy. Thanks for the tip.

Love, Aunt Jenny